Appointing a project manager
Upper Long Street stakeholders don’t have capacity to drive the establishment & maintenance of an Association. There needs to be an individual dedicated to this. An individual who is neutral, in terms of not driving the agenda of one business or property owner. Ideally you’re available for a part-time position with our intention to grow this into a full-time position as our membership basis grows.
SCOPE of WORK
Scope of work for the project manager as follows:
- Understand the Long Street context – who are the different stakeholders (i.e. City of Cape Town, Central City Improvement District, business owners, residents, religious institutions etc).
- Monitor weekly LEO deployment (input any compliments, issues & complaints in the weekly spreadsheet)
- Encourage new businesses to get involved.
- Relationship manager: maintain and nurture relationships established.
- Communication: amongst members
- Setup a legal entity
- Strategic development: going beyond safety & security (what else can be done to improve Long Street) For example: Entertainment strategy; Private lighting strategy; Parking strategy; Beautification projects; Safety & Security (other than the above); Pedestrianization (semi) & street closures; Events strategy
- Attend relevant meetings: Monthly SAPS sector meetings, Tuesday SAPS meeting etc.
Assoc needs to be registered with City (speak to Cllr Bryant around the registration – there are some forms involved).
- Ability to take minutes & communicate effectively & regularly.
- Ability to action minutes
- the incumbent must be experienced in all aspects of the media from the writing of press releases to handling media enquiries and liaising with all relevant stakeholders to formulate effective responses.
- Good listener
- Endearing nature
- solution driven
- can work alone ( self-starter )
- strong relationship management skills
- able to work in a public / private sector environment
- conflict resolution skills very important
- good comm. skills
- must be well organized
- flexible and ability to work irregular hours
TIMELINE & DELIVERABLES
Available 1st of February or 1st of March.
Please email your CV, motivation and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org.